Guesthouse Booking Enquiry
Under the Revitalisation Scheme, the Green Hub has restored the original function of the Police Officers' quarters at the Old Tai Po Police Station as guestrooms. The design of our guestrooms reflects the beauty of simplicity and allows residential guests to appreciate the original architectural features.
The Green Hub has twelve rooms for accommodating 24 guests. The guestrooms are designed in a communal setting and most of the rooms are naturally-ventilated without thermal-conditioning.
We welcome bookings from organizations and individuals. Advance reservation is essential.
|Room Types||Specification||Rate / night / room (HK$)|
|Single (A)||Fan and communal bathroom||400|
|Single (B)||Fan, air-conditioner and private bathroom||650|
|Twin (A)||Fan and communal bathroom||650|
|Twin (B)||Fan and air-conditioner; communal bathroom||700|
|Triple-bed (A)||Fan and air-conditioner; communal bathroom||900|
|Triple-bed (B)||Fan and private bathroom||900|
|Six-bed||Fan and communal bathroom||1500|
- All guest room services should be booked in advance.
- The minimum check-in age for Green Hub Residential experience is 6 years old;
- The room rate does not cover any meals;
- Green Hub is a ‘No-Meat’, ‘No-Smoking’ and ‘No-Alcohol’ zone.;
- Free WiFi is accessibleat at some public area and the Eat Well Canteen of the Green Hub;
- For guest who are not participating in a residential course, we only take bookings by the room, not by the bed;
- The above rates do not apply to participants of residential courses, for which we have a different package;
- Payment is not refundable after acceptance.
- Once a booking is confirmed with payment, no change on booking detail will be accepted.
- The room rate should be paid in full in HKD (net of any charges).
- All bank charges related to online payment, bank transfer and/or currency conversion should be absorbed by the remitter or sender.
Enquiry and Application:
- Please fill and submit the completed online enquiry form.
- Our staff will contact you to follow up and deliver an application form if succussed.
Green Hub Residential Experience
Who can apply?
- Applicants should be 18 years of age or over, who hold valid identity documents. The Green Hub staff will check these documents and verify residential guests' identities upon their registration.
- Person aged 6-17 must be accompanied by a minimum of one person 18 years of age or over.
- Green Hub does not accept application through travel agents or other commercial companies.
- Advance booking is essential.
- Our staff will contact you to follow up your enquiry.
- You will need to fill in detail in the final application form.
- Notification will be emailed to successful applicants. Successful applicants are required to settle room fee according to the payment notice.
- The Green Hub will confirm the booking by email upon receipt of payment.
- Once a booking is confirmed, request for changes will not be accepted. Payment is non-refundable unless if cancellation is made due to inclement weather conditions which include hoisting of Black Rainstorm Warning, Typhoon Signal No.8 or above.
- Should there be controversy, the Green Hub reserves the right of final decision.
The Green Hub Living Code
To protect the heritage site, and experience low-carbon living fully, we urge our residential guests to respect and follow the Green Hub Living Code during their stay at the Green Hub. We believe the experience will help one reconnect with nature and value a simple, responsible lifestyle.
- Green Hub is a 'No-Meat', 'No-Smoking' and 'No-Alcohol' zone.
- Lighting of fires or cooking in guest rooms is prohibited.
- For security concerns, access to the guesthouse area is restricted to residential guests and participants who are accompanied by the Green Hub's staff.
- Cooking, eating and storing food in the rooms is not allowed. Catering service is available at the Eat Well Canteen between 10:00-16:30 daily except Tuesday.
- Playing of music and other noisy behaviour that disturbs the peace of the site is not permitted. We also request guests to restrain from making any noise between the hours of 22:00-07:00.
- Residential guests must refrain from entering restricted or closed areas.
- Residential guests must not film at the Green Hub without the permission by KFBG.
- Residential guests must not display any notice, poster, banner upon any part of any building or to any tree or other natural feature.
- Stay carbon-conscious all the times - turn off unnecessary electrical appliances and treasure all resources.
- Be responsible for keeping guestroom clean and fresh.
- No pets or other animals can be brought into the Green Hub.
- Stay in harmony with our wild-residents; please refrain from feeding wildlife.
- No damaging the facilities and no picking or removal of plants or parts of plants.
- The Bylaw of the Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation Ordinance (Chapter 1156), established by the Hong Kong SAR Government, applies to the Green Hub premises.
Check-in time: Starts at 14:00
Check-out time: Before 11:00
*Residential guests have to pay a deposit of HKD$100 in cash per room key upon registration. The deposit payment will be refunded when the guests check out and return the room key(s).
Amenities and Services
The Green Hub guestrooms are designed in a communal setting and most facilities (toilets and showers) are provided on a same-gender sharing-base. Most of the rooms are naturally-ventilated without thermal-conditioning. The Green Hub provides only 'Non-Smoking Rooms' and lighting of fires is prohibited in the compound. Free Wifi is accessible at the Eat Well Canteen, the Inner Courtyard and Visitor Centre of the Green Hub.
The guestrooms are operated in 'self-service' format and residential guests are responsible for keeping the room clean and tidy. Guests will have to set their own bed and bring their own personal utensils (bath-towel, slippers, toothbrush, shampoo, soap and toothpaste) during their stay at the Green Hub.
The Green Hub is a 'Meat-free' zone and visitors should not bring any food onto the premises. Residential guests may enjoy healthy, low carbon meals at our Eat Well Canteen, which is open daily at 10:00-16:30 except Tuesday.
The Green Hub is itself covered by Public Liability Insurance. Participants are fully responsible for arranging, at their own expense, such life, health and other forms of insurance coverage as individual considers appropriate.
- Group-booking holder has to submit a completed registration form and enlist particulars of all guests in the group at least 14 days in advance of the check-in date.
Guidelines for Guestroom Users
- Residents have to comply with the visitor guidelines as stated in the Green Hub's website .
- Residents have to comply with the Green Hub Living Code and other conditions that are stated at the 'Green Hub Residential Experience – Application Guidelines'.